Monday, September 19, 2011

Dog walk: 9/18/11

A change in the weather has switched us from t-shirts and shorts to polo shirts and long pants during the dog walks. Today saw a couple of "are those basenjis?" incidents during the walk. The first was from a woman sitting outside the One Eighty restaurant on Broadway, who told me that her brother and sister-in-law had a basenji, and remarked that you didn't see many of them. The second was from a staffer from the International Boat Show as we were walking down America's Cup Avenue, who told us that a neighbor had had a basenji when she was growing up. The basenjis also got to meet a pair of baying basset hounds who were tied up outside Jonathan's Cafe in Washington Square.

2 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Damn, damn, damn... I love reading about your Newport rambles (one of the first entries I read on your blog was a description of your walk to work through the midnight streets), and now you have to move. Damn, Newport doesn't know what it's losing.

Drop me a line to let me know when you'll be passing through New York- a beer and a sympathetic ear await you.

Johnny Pez said...

Oh well, Newport's loss is Pittsburgh's gain. Thanks for the offer, B^4, but when I pass through New York, I'll be in a U-Haul truck, pulling a trailer with my car on it. Tricky thing to maneuver through the streets of Y______.