Monday, January 19, 2009

The shocking truth


Take a look at that picture up there. Study it carefully. Take your time; it's okay, I'll wait.

Right, then. I'm sure that you noticed that the man in the picture is black. If you're an American, it's probably the first thing you notice. And I know you're thinking to yourself: okay, so the man's black. So what?

Well, do you know who that man in the picture is? I'll tell you who he is: Barack Obama.

Yeah, that's right, that Barack Obama. The one who won the presidential election in November. The one who's due to be sworn in as President of the United States of America tomorrow.

How come nobody out there told me he was black?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I still would have voted for him; he is a Democrat, after all. But, jeez louise, what a thing to spring on a guy! You'd think somebody out there on the internet would have let something like that slip. You'd think somebody could have actually mentioned it at some point!

How come nobody ever tells me anything?

No comments: