Thursday, September 6, 2012

FAN #229: "The Tailor of Panama" by Noel Maurer and Johnny Pez

Up today at the Sobel Wiki are two more For All Nails vignettes. First up we have #229: "The Tailor of Panama" by Noel Maurer and yours truly, in which Sebo Quezadas finds himself taking part in the operation discussed in #228: "Now We All Did What We Could Do". Noel started writing the vignette, but found that he couldn't think up an ending for it. I was able to come up with an ending, so Noel allowed me to finish writing it. Feel free to try to guess where Noel's writing ends and mine begins. Noel's original title for the vignette was "Useless Tory Brats"; I forget who came up with the final title. It may even have been me.

Next is David Mix Barrington's #246: "So I Wouldn't Get Weighed", in which CBI agent Clarissa Forster discovers that her cover identity refuses to remain submerged.

"The Tailor of Panama" was first posted to the soc.history.what-if newsgroup on 3 June 2003, and "So I Wouldn't Get Weighed" on 7 May 2003.

No comments: