Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cleon and Brodrig

So, there's this website called xtranormal where you can create your own little movies. As soon as I found out about it my first thought turned to Isaac Asimov's Foundation Trilogy. Well, xtranormal isn't quite up to a three-volume epic space opera, but I was able to take it out for a spin using one scene. In Chapter 4 of "The General" from Foundation and Empire there's a scene where Cleon II, the Galactic Emperor, receives some news from his Privy Secretary, Ammel Brodrig.

Cleon ought to be lying in bed when he receives Brodrig, but xtranormal wouldn't let me do that, so I had to have him standing during his conversation. On the plus side, I was able to give Cleon an English accent, and Brodrig an American one, to help make the point that Cleon is the hereditary ruler of the Galaxy while Brodrig is a jumped-up commoner who serves at his pleasure. So now, I present for your viewing pleasure Cleon II and Brodrig in "The Emperor".

No comments: