Thursday, January 1, 2015

Sobel Wiki Year End Report: 2014

A year has gone by since my last blog post on the general state of the Sobel Wiki. So what's been happening with my quixotic geek project?

In the last year, the number of pages has increased by 130 from 2124 to 2254, and the number of photos by 85 from 436 to 521. For those of you keeping track at home, that's an average of one new page created every 2.8 days, and one new photo added every 4.3 days.

Sadly, the sudden flood of new wiki participants that I anticipated would result from news that I was working on an authorized sequel to For Want of a Nail failed to materialize. Not only that, real life issues have kept my wiki colleagues David Mix Barrington and Christina Taylor from participating, putting me back in the position of being the sole author of new articles.

Despite this, I am undeterred. If nothing else, being the creator and chief administrator of the Sobel Wiki makes me one of the world's leading authorities on Sobel's alternate history, so at least I can claim to be a leading authority on something.

No comments: